Rummaging through old photos threw up these images, taken in a small church, All Saints’ Tudely, visited a few years ago. The church is a miniature gem, tiny and a bit out of the way. What distinguishes it are the windows, all commissioned from, and executed by Marc Chagall, whose work in paint is pretty luminous already. When his vision is applied to glass and light, it’s even lovelier. If you visit, I hope you are luck enough to find the church empty, so you can spend a few quiet moments bathing in the tranquility of the space. There is a sad story behind the commissioning of the windows, but what a beautiful legacy/memorial.
Tags5 o'clock Shadows acoustic guitar Andy Partridge Anne Briggs Barney Bubbles Barry Andrews Bempton Ben Mandelson Bert Jansch Blue Blokes Three Bongos Over Balham Brendan Croker Brian ENo Chesterfield Canal Chris Wood colin moulding edward bawden Edward Calvert English Civil War Epworth Foliate Head Foxglove Galway Gannets! gerry rafferty Green Man Hank Bradley Hidcote Manor High House Stafford History of Quadrupeds Ian Anderson.froots Jake Riviera John Wesley Kimberley Rew krazy kat Lady Gregory Letters From A Lost Uncle Lord Bateman Lu Edmonds Malcolm Pryce marc Ribot Mark Pavey Martin Stone Mervyn Peake Mythical Beasts Nick Lowe Oblique Strategies Paul Bassman Riley P C Bailey Pete Thomas Phil Lithman Poison Coyote Kid Poppies Robert Fripp robyn hitchcock Roger Deakin RSPB Samuel Palmer Sheffield Southwell Minster St Andrews Church Suffolk The Leaping Hare The Poppies Are In The Field The Teardrop Explodes The Winding Stair Thomas Bewick Thoor Ballylee underwater moonlight W B Yeats WIldwood Wilko Johnson Wood Engraving XTC Yeats' Tower
- RT @barneyfarmer: I can't draw, let that sink in. https://t.co/KNXTdLKSDa 8 hours ago
- Again? This is appalling.... twitter.com/laurasbakery/s… 20 hours ago
- RT @DickKingSmith: Sometimes shrews travel in a 'caravan'. Each shrew grasps the base of the tail of the preceding shrew so that the mother… 20 hours ago
- RT @AndyBurnhamGM: On Friday, Tories say they can't afford rail schemes in the North. On Monday, they find billions more for London. Are th… 20 hours ago
- RT @alexillustrator: The 'Northern Powerhouse' ought to be one big fucking factory building huge trebuchets to fling burning shit south int… 20 hours ago